Be announced on 19/2 , the Facebook acquisition WhatsApp totaling $ 19 billion, is one of the notable events in recent times in the field of technology . Although the sale just ended a few days ago but to convince WhatsApp on with her ââ, took to Facebook for years . Associated Forbes recently had an article talking about the deep relationship between CEO Jan Koum from WhatsApp with Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg to help us understand more about the deal between the two companies.
A summary of the main points of the article :
- It started from an incoming email messages Koum by Zuckerberg in 2012 , they became friends and talked many times about the technology issues .
- WhatsApp Koum want to continue to operate independently , and must deal worth close to $ 20 billion figure
- Koum accept the offer on Facebook on 14/2 years, two CEOs came together to celebrate with a bottle of Johnnie Walker Blue Label .
- Earlier , the co-founder and CEO of Google WhatsApp met and they do not realize the intention of acquiring instant messaging service this . However, if Google really wants to acquire WhatsApp it is too late then .
- WhatsApp put stability first, and trying to drop the connection after the deal was announced just random .
- Koum want that by 2017 , WhatsApp will be about 1 billion global users , and companies are looking to simplify the user fees paid by the state through the network.
- At the present time , Koum is spending his attention to two priorities : keep running good and not WhatsApp users to skip to rival services .
Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg has bought WhatsApp like?