Evad3rsâ have just released evasi0n7 1.0.6 to jailbreak iOS 7.0.6
Apple had released iOS 7.0.6 update yesterday to fix a critical SSL bug.
Evasi0n7 is an untethered jailbreak which supports iOS 7, iOS 7.0.1, iOS 7.0.2, iOS 7.0.3, iOS 7.0.4, iOS 7.0.5 and iOS 7.0.6.
Evasi0n7 was released in late December to jailbreak iOS 7 â iOS 7.0.4. With todayâs release evasi0n7 will allow users to jailbreak their device on iOS 7.0.6 as well.
It is compatible with the following iOS devices:
- iPad Air, iPad 4, iPad 3, iPad 2
- iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5, iPhone 4S, iPhone 4
- Retina iPad mini, iPad mini
- iPod touch 5G
You can download evasi0n7 1.0.6 from our download page.
If you need any help in jailbreaking your iOS device running then check out ourÂ step-by-step guide.Â If you were having issues with the unofficial version of evasi0n7 then try using evasi0n7 1.0.6 to jailbreak your device on iOS 7.0.6.
It has been highly recommended that iOS users upgrade to iOS 7.0.6, especially if you join public Wi-Fi networks with your iOS device. However, you will lose the jailbreak after upgrading to iOS 7.0.6, so you will need to use evasi0n7 1.0.6 to re-jailbreak it.
As always, let us know how it goes in the comments.
Evasi0n7 Jailbreak for iOS 7.0.6 released – Changelog
- 1.0.6: support for iOS 7.0.6
- 1.0.5: support for iOS 7.0.5
- 1.0.4: security fix: kernel payload now restores sysent table, security fix: code fix for bootstrap Cydia tar files verification
- 1.0.3: updated bundled Cydia, now double checking hfs modifications (for the iPad Mini Retina Cellular reboot loop issue), support for iOS 7.1beta3
- 1.0.2: fix for the iPad 2 wifi reboot loop
- 1.0.1: TaiG is not bundled and not installed anymore with evasi0n7 in chinese language operating systems
Evasi0n7 Jailbreak for iOS 7.0.6 released – Requirements
- 5 minutes of your time!
- A computer, running Windows (XP minimum), Mac OS X (10.7 minimum)
- iTunes installed if you’re running Windows
- An iPhone, iPad or iPod running iOS 7.0 through 7.0.6 (you may check in Settings / General / About => Version)
- A USB cable to connect the device to the computer
Evasi0n7 Jailbreak for iOS 7.0.6 released – Important! Read me!
- Warning! Over The Air updates of iOS 7 are known to create an issue and make the jailbreak fail. Some devices are then stuck on the Apple Boot Logo. Until we fix that, please restore your device to 7.0.x with iTunes first.
- Backup your device using iTunes (or iCloud) before using evasi0n. If something breaks, you’ll always be able to recover your data.
- Please disable the lock passcode of your iOS device before using evasi0n. It can cause issues.
- Avoid all iOS and iTunes related tasks until evasi0n is complete. Why not just enjoy a brief break from the computer to stretch your legs?
- If you get an error on OS X 10.8/10.9 saying that evasi0n can’t be opened, control-click (or right-click) the app and on the revealed context menu, choose ‘Open.’ On the ensuing dialogue box, choose ‘Open’ as well.
- If the process gets stuck somewhere, it’s safe to restart the program, reboot the device (if necessary by holding down Power and Home until it shuts down), and rerun the process.
- Some Cydia tweaks are not yet compatible with iOS 7. The situation will improve as developers will update their software.
Evasi0n7 Jailbreak for iOS 7.0.6 released – Thanks to
- @phoenixdev for his research
- @Surenix for evad3rs and evasi0n designs
- HanÃ©ne Samara for her work on evasi0n GUI